Festival of Pinhole Photography — OFFO 2017
1. VIII Polish Festival of Pinhole Photography — OFFO 2017 in Jastrzebie-Zdroj will take place in October and November 2017 on Gorny Slask area.
2. OFFO is addressed to authors from Poland and foreign countries. Participation in the Festival is charge free.
3. Exhibition made by choosen authors will be presented at the same time in about 30 galleries on Gorny Slask area.
4. Next to the exhibitions of photography, on the 7th Polish Pinhole Photography Festival will take place also lectures about pinhole photography, events and multimedia projects. We plan to organise the official vernissages of Festival in Jastrzebie-Zdroj (Miejski Osrodek Kultury) 27 X 2017 and in Olza (WDK) 28 X 2017 and vernissages of authors exhibitions in dates settled by galleries.
5. Organizators plan to publish one collective catalogue for all exhibitions (in multimedia verssion). Organizators are obligated to make the website of Festivals and to share all information in media.
6. Polish Festival of Pinhole Photography — OFFO 2017 is the non-profit event.
1. Works, which will be exhibit on OFFO, should be grouped in separate exhibitions or series of photos. Acceptable format: 30x40 to 70x100 cm (size of photos or passe-partout). It is neccessary, that photographies must be made by pinhole camera (and have hight quality). Photographies in frames or in untypical format or form must be negotiated with organizators (during the application for OFFO). We prefer big series (more than 10 photos), exhibitions, which were not presented in last editions of OFFO. Photographies framed with glass will be not acceptable!
2. Authors, who want to take part in OFFO, should send via e-mail min. 5 pinhole photography to qualification. Subject matter is not definited. Max weight of 1 file is 1 Mb.
3. Authors must also write in application, how many photographies (and in which format) they want to show during the OFFO. We need also names, postal address and short CVs from all authors. Please, to write it, use application form, and (in case of being choosen to the Festival) also send it as print with photographies by post.
4. There is also possibility to show collective exhibition during the OFFO. In that case, please to choose 1 person, who will be coordinator of exhibition. Duty of coordinator is to collect agreements on participation from all Authors and fill-in the application form.
5. Decision about qualification for OFFO will be made by special Artistic Committee. Information about it will be sent via e-mails.
6. Authors, who will be qualificated to OFFO, are obligated to send us via e-mail:
— 1 photo: 300 dpi, max 1200 pixels lenght;
— short CV;
— optionally: articles and another textes
Photographies for exhibitions should be sent via traditional post.
7. All Authors, who will be qualificated to OFFO, are obligated to send one additional photo for "OFFO-On-The-Way". Rules of "OFFO-On-The-Way" you can find in part III of Regulations.
8. The organizers may decide to qualify particular Authors only for OFFO-On-The-Way.
9. It is possibility to send (apart from photos for Festival) some multimedia productions (diaporamas, films etc.) or longer texts connected with pinhole photography. There is also the possibility to present only the multimedia production — after the negotiate with Organizators and only in case of fulfilling all conditions of Regulations.
10. Authors, who send application for OFFO, agree that all the pictures can be used charge free for promotion-purpose of the Festival.
11. The costs of sending pictures and possible trip to Poland will be taken by authors. Photographies sent for OFFO should be protected from damages, which can be caused in transport.
12. Photographies, shown on OFFO, will be returned to authors (except the photo for "OFFO-On-The-Way — part III of Regulations). Cost of sending photographies from Poland to another countries will be covered by authors. Deadline to sending it back will be dependent of the OFFO schedule.
1. The "OFFO-On-The-Way" is a collective exhibition, which will be shown in many galleries in Poland and will present one picture of every author.
2. All authors are obligated to send 1 additional photographies for the purpose of this exhibition. Format: from 30x30 to 50×50 (size of photo or passe-partout), not framed. Photo should refer to photographies presented on OFFO.
3. In case of apply for OFFO with collective exhibition, rules of participating in "OFFO-On-The-Way" will be determined individually.
4. In some special cases (for example photos made using the special techniques), photo for "OFFO-On-The-Way" may be the copy of original picture.
5. Afterwards pictures will be not return to authors, will be archived and become the organizers ownership.
IV Final remarks:
1. Final interpretation of the regulations belongs to organizators. Sending Picture and taking part in OFFO is equivalent with accepting regulations. Not fulfiling the rules and conditions will cause rejecting an application.
2. Any additional information and explanation will be provided by OFFO Secretary.
Postal address: Galeria "Ciasna", ul. Katowicka 17/25, 44-335 Jastrzębie-Zdrój, Poland
WEB page: OFFO.dl.pl, offo.netarteria.info
3. About any possible changes, authors will be notified through mail at the earliest.
1. Sending application (as in point II) and picture for catalogue and the website: 30 V 2017.
2. Sending pictures: 21 VIII 2017.
3. Failure the deadlines will cause rejecting an application.
V Organization Team of OFFO 2017:
1. Grupa Trzymajaca OFFO (OFFO-Holding Group):
— Barbara Englender — Galeria "Ciasna";
— Witold Englender — AFIAP, Galeria "Ciasna";
— Jakub Kaszuba — Jaworznicka "Szkoła Widzenia";
— georgia Krawiec – ZPAF;
— Krzysztof Łapka — Dom Kultury w Rybniku-Chwałowicach;
— Krzysztof Sowa — Jaworznicka "Szkoła Widzenia", LTF.
Consulting: Paweł Janczaruk — ZPAF, FRP
2. Grupa Szybkiego Reagowania OFFO (OFFO Group of Fast Reaction):
— Aleksander Bakinowski – LTF;
— Bolesław "Dymbol" Dymiński;
— Olga Kawalec-Olejniczak — LTF, Agencja Image;
— Janusz Musiał — ZPAF Okręg Dolnoslaski;
— Jerzy Pawłowicz — PATÉ Media;
— Wojciech Potocki;
— Wiesława Stasińska — Zamek Sztuk, Hon. LTF;
— Jiří Hanzel i Anton Svrček — Karvina;
— Galeria "Ciasna" w Jastrzębiu-Zdroju;
— Miejski Osrodek Kultury w Jastrzębiu-Zdroju;
— WDK w Olzie;
— Dom Kultury w Rybniku-Chwałowicach;
— Biblioteka Slaska w Katowicach;
— Zwiazek Polskich Artystów Fotografików, Okręg Slaski w Katowicach;
— Ag.neT PPHU fotociemnia.pl w Poznaniu,